By Nicholas Rescher
Contents: I. estate attribution and its modes — II. Essentialistic foundations — III. Individuation and the optimistic concept of attainable contributors — IV. The structure of attainable worlds and the matter of the trans-world id of people — V. The systematization of quantified modal common sense — VI. life conditions — VII. tendencies — VIII. legislation and lawfulness — IX. Contrary-to-fact suppositions and counterfactual conditionals — X. The doctrine of inner family — XI. A conceptualistic metaphysic of possibilia
Read Online or Download A Theory of Possibility: A Constructivistic and Conceptualistic Account of Possible Individuals and Possible Worlds PDF
Best other social sciences books
Written in an enticing and available sort, this e-book bridges the space among conception and truth through discussing quite a number learn paradigms and putting them within the context social paintings. It additionally discusses the political and moral contexts which are intrinsic to social paintings perform.
The current treaty is an exposition and significant research of Hegel's belief of the constitution and dynamics of ancient time
- Women Who Offend (Research Highlights in Social Work, 44)
- Ritorno alla Metafisica
- Resistencia y revolucion durante la Guerra de la Independencia : del levantamiento patriotico a la soberania nacional (Volume 70 of Ciencias sociales)
- L'Intellectualisme De Malebranche
- Argumentos trascendentales
- Understanding Quine's Famous Statement
Additional info for A Theory of Possibility: A Constructivistic and Conceptualistic Account of Possible Individuals and Possible Worlds
In part, this is because being entered on the list is at present not difficult, and any elderly person can be placed on it following a referral by a social worker. Nevertheless, there is no indication that these referrals are inappropriate, and indeed most of the elderly people on the waiting list are in poorer physical condition than residents in NGO homes. Therefore, in order to provide these people, and others such as elderly people discharged from hospital, with suitable assistance to live at home, a frequent yet accurate means of need assessment has to be devised.
7) have exerted substantial pressure on the demand for various types of LTC. 5 Hong Kong: Health Problems of the Elderly Population Source: Social Welfare Department, Hong Kong (11 Jabuary 2000). 6 Hong Kong: Distribution of Chronic Diseases by Age and Sex (percentages) Source: Leung and Lo (1997). 7 Hong Kong: Prevalence of Common Illnesses Among the Older Population Source: Leung and Lo (1997). Increases in dementia, depression and elderly suicide The increase in the ageing population and longevity inevitably appear to bring an increase in age-related ailments.
Today, this growing coherence represents the efforts of the chief executive, the Elderly Commission (EC) and the Health and Welfare Bureau. The EC has so far developed guidelines principally for the three executive departments: the Hospital Authority (HA) for hospital treatment and rehabilitation, the Department of Health for health promotion and disease prevention, and the Social Welfare Department for personal social services. Other departments still tend to implement complementary yet essentially independent policies to improve services for older persons.
A Theory of Possibility: A Constructivistic and Conceptualistic Account of Possible Individuals and Possible Worlds by Nicholas Rescher