By Pascal Schneider (auth.), Michael P. Cancro (eds.)
The BLyS/BAFF family members of cytokines and receptors has captured and held the eye of B phone biologists over the last decade. Discovery of the 2 ligands and 3 receptors comprising this kin has yielded a watershed of insights; fostering clean paradigms in our perspectives in regards to the differentiation, choice, and homeostatic keep watch over of almost all B mobile subsets. in addition, simply because those methods are in detail tied to the mechanistic underpinnings of immune tolerance and activation, elevated knowing of those actions offers translational development in autoimmunity, neoplasia, and transplantation.
Read Online or Download BLyS Ligands and Receptors PDF
Best immunology books
Tricky try out Questions? ignored Lectures? no longer sufficient Time? thankfully for you, there is Schaum's Outlines. greater than forty million scholars have relied on Schaum's to aid them achieve the study room and on checks. Schaum's is the foremost to quicker studying and better grades in each topic. every one define provides all of the crucial path details in an easy-to-follow, topic-by-topic structure.
The 1st bacterial genome, Haemophilus influenzae, was once thoroughly sequenced, annotated, and released in 1995. this day, greater than 2 hundred prokaryotic (archaeal and bacterial) genomes were accomplished and over 500 prokaryotic genomes are in va- ous levels finishing touch. Seventeen eukaryotic genomes plus 4 eukaryotic chro- somes were accomplished.
Vaccine layout describes medical theories, product improvement concepts, and effects from preclinical experiences for plenty of of the latest subunit vaccines or parts designed to be used in subunit vaccine formula, reminiscent of adjuvants and vaccine supply structures. The papers contain the main large choice of vaccine applied sciences and items ever provided in one quantity and gives a useful precis of never-before-published vaccine adjuvants and excipients.
- The Molecular Immunology of Complex Carbohydrates
- Inflammation and Metastasis
- Symposium in Immunology VI: Tumor Immunology
- Ranking Vaccines: A Prioritization Software Tool: Phase II: Prototype of a Decision-Support System
- Selenium: Its Molecular Biology and Role in Human Health
- Practice and Theory of Enzyme Immunoassays
Extra resources for BLyS Ligands and Receptors
12. Nemazee DA, Burki K. Clonal deletion of B lymphocytes in a transgenic mouse bearing anti-MHC class I antibody genes. Nature 1989;337(6207):562–6. 13. Radic MZ, Erikson J, Litwin S, Weigert M. B lymphocytes may escape tolerance by revising their antigen receptors. J Exp Med 1993;177(4):1165–73. 14. Tiegs SL, Russell DM, Nemazee D. Receptor editing in self-reactive bone marrow B cells. J Exp Med 1993;177(4):1009–20. 2 BAFF Receptor Regulation of Peripheral B-Lymphocyte Survival and Development 35 15.
Additionally, injection of normal mice with a receptor fusion protein that sequesters soluble BAFF results in the rapid loss of B cells [67, 68]. The defects in B-cell survival and development of Fo B cells caused by loss of BR3 function in A/WySnJ mice can be restored by transgenic expression of the anti-apoptotic gene Bcl-xL . Consistently, enforced expression of Bcl-xL or Bcl-2 in BR3-deficient or TACI-Ig transgenic (BAFF function-inhibited) animals also restored splenic B-cell survival and the Fo B-cell compartment [66, 69, 70].
Cariappa A, Tang M, Parng C, et al. The follicular versus marginal zone B lymphocyte cell fate decision is regulated by Aiolos, Btk, and CD21. Immunity 2001;14(5):603–15. 33. Pillai S, Cariappa A, Moran ST. Marginal zone B cells. Annu Rev Immunol 2005;23:161–96. 34. Castro I, Wright JA, Damdinsuren B, Hoek KL, Carlesso G, Shinners NP, Gerstein RM, Woodland RT, Sen R, Khan WN. B cell receptor-mediated sustained c-Rel activation facilitates late transitional B cell survival through control of B cell activating factor receptor and NF-KappaB2.
BLyS Ligands and Receptors by Pascal Schneider (auth.), Michael P. Cancro (eds.)