By Richard J. Ziegler, Louise Hawley, Benjamin Clarke
BRS Microbiology and Immunology is a well-liked quantity within the Board evaluation sequence for clinical scholars. Written in a concise, readable define structure, this e-book is meant to hide subject matters most ordinarily validated on USMLE. incorporated are three hundred to 500 evaluation questions within the USMLE-style layout, and a complete exam.
Read or Download BRS Microbiology and Immunology (Board Review Series) (6th Edition) PDF
Best immunology books
Difficult attempt Questions? ignored Lectures? no longer adequate Time? thankfully for you, there is Schaum's Outlines. greater than forty million scholars have depended on Schaum's to assist them achieve the school room and on assessments. Schaum's is the major to speedier studying and better grades in each topic. each one define offers the entire crucial direction details in an easy-to-follow, topic-by-topic structure.
The 1st bacterial genome, Haemophilus influenzae, used to be thoroughly sequenced, annotated, and released in 1995. this day, greater than two hundred prokaryotic (archaeal and bacterial) genomes were accomplished and over 500 prokaryotic genomes are in va- ous phases crowning glory. Seventeen eukaryotic genomes plus 4 eukaryotic chro- somes were accomplished.
Vaccine layout describes clinical theories, product improvement techniques, and effects from preclinical reviews for plenty of of the latest subunit vaccines or parts designed to be used in subunit vaccine formula, similar to adjuvants and vaccine supply platforms. The papers include the main vast selection of vaccine applied sciences and items ever provided in one quantity and offers a useful precis of never-before-published vaccine adjuvants and excipients.
- Antimicrobial Peptides: Role in Human Health and Disease
- Oxygen Biology and Hypoxia
- Immune Dysfunction and Immunotherapy in Heart Disease
- Epigenetic Approaches to Allergy Research
- Worterbuch Immunologie und Onkologie / Dictionary of Immunology and Oncology: Deutsch-Englisch / English-German
Additional info for BRS Microbiology and Immunology (Board Review Series) (6th Edition)
5. The answer is B. N-acetylglucosamine and N-acetylmuramic acid are polymerized to form the peptidoglycan backbone of the cell wall. 6. The answer is A. A prophage is the intracellular DNA of a phage and is therefore resistant to protease degradation. 7. The answer is E. Autotrophic bacteria do not require organic compounds for growth because they synthesize them from inorganic precursors. 8. The answer is C. Common pili, adhesins, and the glycocalyx are three bacterial structures that are involved in adherence.
Lysogenic phage conversion refers to a change in bacterial phenotype resulting from the presence of a lysogenic prophage of a temperate phage. 1 5. The answer is D. A selective growth medium that contains a high salt concentration would permit bacterial growth. 16. The answer is B. Superoxide dismutase, which is present in aerobes and facultative anaerobe organisms, protects them from the toxic O2•2 radical. This enzyme is not present in obligate anaerobes. 17. The answer is A. The biochemical activity of an enzyme may be regulated by binding of effector molecules or by biosynthetic pathway end-product feedback inhibition.
2) Trp operon: (a) This operon controls tryptophan synthesis. (b) Synthesis of tryptophan is halted by the binding of a repressor protein (tryptophan complex) to the trp operator when excess tryptophan is available. c. Positive control is the initiation of transcription in response to the binding of an activator protein. (1) Expression of the ara operon proceeds only when arabinose binds to a special protein, forming an activator compound necessary for the transcription of the ara operon. (2) Cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cyclic AMP) binding protein, when bound to a specific DNA sequence near the promoter, enhances the expression of many genes associated with fermentation.
BRS Microbiology and Immunology (Board Review Series) (6th Edition) by Richard J. Ziegler, Louise Hawley, Benjamin Clarke