By Nicki Stanton (auth.)
Read or Download Communication PDF
Similar family relationships books
From the writer of the bestselling the fashionable Girl's consultant to lifestyles comes essential publication for the younger mother, together with best-kept secrets and techniques, useful recommendation, and a number of recommendations for difficulties from start to age 4 simply if you proposal you may cook dinner (hey, one meal counts), fresh (if the queen used to be coming), and seduce a guy (well, lengthy sufficient to get married), lifestyles throws you a curveball that makes all your prior ineptitudes in lifestyles faded compared.
She creates excellent days. despite her incorrigible curly hair, Lauren Crandell is a neat-freak and organizational guru, traits that make her the correct marriage ceremony planner. but if weddings in a single day cross haywire, and hunky firefighter Nick Corona involves the rescue -- two times -- Lauren realizes there are a couple of very important info in her personal lifestyles she hasn't been tending to considering the fact that her divorce.
From the bestselling writer of artistic Divorce, a refreshingly optimistic advisor for grownup kids of divorced mom and dad the aptitude damaging results of parental divorce on kids were coated again and again within the media. No ask yourself that a few of the 30 million young ones whose mom and dad have divorced when you consider that 1979 believe stigmatized.
"Dr. Ackerman appeals to the mind and the guts. His publication has the aptitude to alter how mom and dad view divorce—from their kid's vantage aspect. " —Margorie Engel writer of the Divorce judgements Workbook and the Divorce support Sourcebook ". . . supplies transparent, useful guidance to all mom and dad who're wrestling with the pangs of separation and divorce.
- On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep
- The Daughterhood
- Not "Just Friends": Rebuilding Trust and Recovering Your Sanity After Infidelity
- How to Be a Couple and Still Be Free: Third Edition
- Bonds of Attachment
- Learning From Divorce: How to Take Responsibility, Stop the Blame, and Move On
Additional resources for Communication
2 Reasons for Improving Listening In the final analysis, effective listening produces many salutary results: Encouragement to others. When others note that you listen to them in a non-threatening manner, they in turn lose some or all of their defensiveness and will usually try to understand you better by listening more effectively to you. Thus your effective listening often results in making others good listeners. Possession of all the information. We have already seen that to solve problems and make decisions more effectively, it is necessary to obtain as much relevant information as possible.
He will also occasionally pause before or after a word to give it emphasis, or before making a particularly important point. Tone The inflection, or up-and-down movement of your voice - tone - also affects the way in which your message is received. Variations in tone are often associated with pitch and speed in giving interest and emphasis to your speech. However, quite apart from the words you are saying, tone can betray your attitudes and emotions. Your attitude to your listener or listeners and to your message or subject is often indicated by the tone of voice you use.
3. Can you recall turning up for a meeting at work, or with a friend, early? late? You may have had good reasons but how might the other person have interpreted it? Non-verbal Communication 35 It is easy to assume we all experience time in much the same way. After all an hour is an hour, isn't it? And yet time is experienced differently by different nationalities, societies and cultures. In our culture, we have divided time into years, each of which consists of 365 days (365 1/4 to be exact), whereas the Muslim year is ten or eleven days shorter.
Communication by Nicki Stanton (auth.)